Communities and Families New Grants Programme 2020-23
The Edinburgh Children’s Partnership has agreed a new Integrated Children Services Plan for 2017-20 and Communities and Families is committed to working with our partners to develop a new programme for grants to third party organisations that reflects the aims and ambitions of the plan.
To this end we have identified five key funding priorities that contribute towards three of the five strategic aims. The funding priorities for the programme will be:
• Improve educational outcomes for disadvantaged groups, including Looked After Children and children with disabilities
• Improve mental health services for children and young people and implement the children and young peoples’ mental health review recommendations
• Ensure continued delivery of effective universal youth work programmes
• Improve the level of participation in education, employment and training for all 16-19 years and continue to increase positive destinations
• Improve the quality of drugs and alcohol prevention work and substance misuse services
We are seeking views as to:
• how these funding priorities should be assessed
• target groups
• the application of maximum and minimum award levels and
• whether we should run a small grants programme
These form the basis of this survey. As well as seeking views from the voluntary sector, we will be sharing the same questions with staff in schools.
The survey can be found at the following link; https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CFGrants
In addition to this survey we will be running an event (date to be confirmed) and we will provide further information about this on the Edinburgh Compact website.
The aim is for the new programme to be agreed by the Education, Children and Families Committee in March 2019.
Please complete the survey by Friday 1st February.
If you need any more information on any aspect of the survey or the new grants programme, please contact: CF.Commissioning@edinburgh.gov.uk