EVOC as an organisation has a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy and to look after data provided to us.
This privacy notice explains what data we collect, how we use that data, where we store the information, how long we store that data for and how we store your details securely.
EVOC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. The last updated date will be displayed at the bottom of this page.
– What information is being collected?
– Who is collecting it
– What data we collect
– How we use that data
– Where we store your information
– How long we store the data
– How we store your information securely
– External web links
– Requesting Personal Data Records
– Your right to make a complaint
– Contact details
What information is being collected?
If you give us consent, we may collect and store the following information whilst you use our website:
– Through cookies and other tracking technology, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your geographical location, browser type, how you found our website, the pages you viewed and the length of time you viewed them
– Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including:
o information related to any membership application
o training course bookings
o training course grant applications
o organisational development referrals
o newsletter subscriptions such as email address and name
o noticeboard notices
o and contact forms
– Any other information that you choose to send to us
Who is collecting it?
Only EVOC staff, authorised contractors and approved volunteers can collect information on EVOC’s behalf.
How is it collected?
Information may be collected in any or all of the following ways:
– By email
– By phone
– Via a website form (either a downloaded document or online form)
– Via a newsletter subscription form
– Face-to-face with an EVOC employee, approved volunteer or authorise contractor
– Via cookies and code use on the website
How will it be used?
We use information submitted in the following ways depending on what reason you provided information to us:
– To provide you with services and information
– To process registrations and invoices for training courses
– To provide organisational development and support services
– To respond to your requests from contact forms
– To publish noticeboards on the website
– To process your membership request and send you relevant information
– To enable us to review, develop and improve our website and services we offers
Who will it be shared with?
EVOC will only share your data with relevant parties where required such as EVOC staff members, authorised contractors, approved volunteers where necessary to provide you with a service or information.
The following is a current list of third parties that information is shared with and the purpose of that sharing:
– Digital Ocean LLP – EVOC uses Virtual Private Servers (VPS) provided by Digital Ocean to host its websites. These servers are located in the UK. No personal data is passed to Digital Ocean, but the individual websites may store information in a database on these virtual servers
– Jungle Disk/Amazon S3 – EVOC uses this service to backup its data and information as part of good IT practices. The backup may contain your personal data. This is stored on Amazon S3 cloud servers which are locations in the EEA. All the data is full encrypted using Jungle Disk’s software and private encryption keys. Data is encrypted on EVOC’s devices before being sent to Amazon’s cloud storage servers. Neither Jungle Disk or Amazon S3 can access your data.
– The Rocket Science Group LLC (known as Mailchimp) – EVOC uses MailChimp to manage newsletter subscriptions. EVOC collects your name, email address, IP address and newsletter subscription preferences such as which format of emails you prefer and which newsletters you subscribe to receiving. Mailchimp also records your consent information to receiving information. Your personal data is not shared with Mailchimp, however your information is stored outside of the EEA. Mailchimp have agreements and Data Processing Addendums in place to ensure they comply with European Data Protection law.
Please note EVOC will NOT sell your information to other third parties.
Where we store your information
How long we store the data
EVOC will only store the information you provide for as appropriate. This is dictated by legal and financial obligations as well as business requirements.
The following are guidelines for how long information is stored:
– Training Course registrations – kept for 24 months
– Training Course Grant Applications – kept for 7 years due to financial retention rules
– Organisational Development Referrals (and related information and paperwork) – kept for 36 months
– Newsletter subscription information – kept as long as you continue to be a subscriber to EVOC newsletters
– Membership – kept for 7 years for financial retention rules
– Noticeboard notices – kept for 12 months or removed when the notice expiry date passes
– Contact Forms – stored for 36 months
– Website tracking information – stored for 38 months
How we store your details securely
EVOC undertakes a number of measures to ensure data and information is held securely:
– Information is stored on a secure server accessed only with company username and passwords
– All EVOC laptops and computers have full disk encryption
– Information sent to us via our website and online forms uses SSL certificates to encrypt the information
– Only the appropriate members of staff have access to information relevant to their work
– All EVOC Staff and contractors comply with confidentiality policies and good working practices to ensure data is kept safe at all time
External web links
Our website may contain links to other websites and resources that you may find of interest. Once you leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over the external website. We are not liable for your protection and privacy on these external websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy policies applicable to the website in question.
Requesting personal data records
– EVOC will allow a right of access to both personal data and supplementary information free of charge. Any requests for information will be provided within one month of receiving the request
– Where requests are complex and numerous the provision of data will be provided within a two-month period
– Where requests are excessive and repetitive and administration fee of £50 will be charged to cover the administrative costs involved
– Responses will be provided in an electronic format
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the information commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO Registration Reference: Z5984382
EVOC can be contacted at the following details:
14 Ashley Place
Telephone: 0131 555 9100