The PVG Scheme will become mandatory and Scottish Ministers have decided the consultation will be about how this will come into existence in the next couple of years. This consultation will give organisations, groups and individuals the opportunity to feedback so that policy makers can understand the impact the proposed changes will have on those that use the disclosure system.
The consultation will run for 12 weeks ending on July 18th 2018, giving respondents an opportunity to consult with stakeholders.
The consultation is split into seven sections, each section provides information and discusses policy options and then asks the respondent to answer questions on matters relating to possible options for change.
Over the next 3 months you have the opportunity to feedback on issues such as:
• The number of disclosure products that are available
• Fee structures
• Moving to a digital service
• Replacing regulated work with a list of positions.
• Definition of a protected adult
• The duration of PVG scheme membership
• Introducing a membership card
• The definition of a qualifying voluntary organisation
• Implementation of a fee for volunteer disclosure checks
• Changes to the referral, barring and under consideration process.
• The removal of information from a scheme record.
The above is just a selection of the areas that the consultation is covering and Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services would recommend reading over the consultation prior to starting to answer the questions so that you have an overview of the complete proposal before answering.
To take part click here.